From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jim
Oberholtzer
Sent: Tuesday, January 02, 2018 10:21 AM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: RE: What is the risk of low humidity?

Paul:

For future reference I get shocks all the time at datacenters south of the
Mason/Dixon line. It seems many system managers down south think that's a
"northerner" problem. Had an HMC go completely off line simply by touching
the chassis last month, in Florida. Humidity was so low in the data center
tape, printers, and other things were failing all over. A call to the HVAC
guy fixed it. As Larry said, most CRACs have humidifiers in them.

--
Jim Oberholtzer
Agile Technology Architects