On 11/27/17, 8:54 AM, Rob Berendt wrote:
DSPPTF OUTPUT(*PRINT)
WRKPTFGRP, F6=Print

As I said, I have a terminal session on their box (it's now been up almost an hour without any sign of problems), using essentially the same Java-based emulator they're using, and so I was able to do a DSPPTF and a WRKPTFGRP myself, and it looks like they're current with their PTFs.

. . .

Hello, what's this? Hmm. The session I've been signed on to for over an hour now is on unsecured Telnet. If I try connecting via secured Telnet, it connects, and shows a sign-on screen, but as soon as I sign on, it drops the connection immediately!

Hmm. Looking at the joblogs of those crashed sessions, I see a CPF1124 from the job starting, a Sev40 CPF2451 to indicate that I'm signed on elsewhere, and a Sev50 CPC1197.

I tried opening a second unsecured session. No problem with the CPF2451 leading directly to a CPC1197. Then I tried again with a secured session. This time, it opened just fine, and I was able to sign on just fine.

I took another look at the joblog from the QTVTELNET job, and this time, it showed a new CPDBC97 message, complaining about a certificate not signed by a trusted CA. But this was fully eight minutes before I tried connecting via the secured port.

Just a few minutes ago, I tried to do something in the secured session (which had been idling for a few minutes), and it had crashed on me at some point while it was idling (only becoming apparent when I hit an AID key). Looking at the joblog, I found a CPF5140.

I see a bunch of connections open on port 23. I see a tiny handful open on port 992.

Meanwhile, my original unsecured session is still humming away, happy as a clam, connected for over an hour and 20 minutes now.

--
JHHL