From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
midrange
Sent: Thursday, November 02, 2017 7:19 PM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: backup to and restore from local win server

Is it feasible/reasonable to nightly backup savf from IBM I to local Win
server of qsys.lib libraries and selected ifs directories.

At V7R1, and total savfs should be .5 Tb ? There is room on disk for the
save files.

Don't know how to calc how the "real world" speed of such a transfer (shared
drive or ftp ) across 1Gb Ethernet.

. poor man's DR idea . any not obvious potholes to avoid?

Jim