On Tue, 2017-08-29 at 19:38 +0000, Alan Shore wrote:
Thanks for your reply Rich
That makes sense and that is my intention

One point of note... it may be that a server is rarely used, but when
its needed not having it could be a show stopper.

Possible case in point, the http administration server:
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/ssw_ibm_i_72/rzaie/rzaieconadminstarting.htm

Also, its worth noting that having an active server that is not being
used will ultimately end up being, mostly, paged out of memory.

That said, stopping some servers might be useful as a way to prevent
unauthorised or less restricted access where the restriction is/was
originally enforced by program/menu security. But that is a whole
different rabbit hole that just gets deeper the further you investigate.

Alan Shore
E-mail : ASHORE@xxxxxxxx
Phone [O] : (631) 200-5019
Phone [C] : (631) 880-8640
'If you're going through hell, keep going.'
Winston Churchill