Hopefully,
since I can ping it the cables are in the right slot.

Sent from IBM Verse

Jim Oberholtzer --- Re: HMC to Rack communcations ---
From:"Jim Oberholtzer" <midrangel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>To:"Midrange Systems Technical Discussion" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>Date:Tue, Aug 1, 2017 10:57 AMSubject:Re: HMC to Rack communcations

Firewall yes, more likely a routing problem with the network.Rob: Do make sure the cables are plugged in where you expect them to be. More than once I've had customers tell me they plugged into #1 Ethernet (ETH0 on the HMC) only to find out they really put it into #3 (Eth2) since the layout of the ports on the back of the newer HMCs are not always intuitive, and of course they don't read the label.--Jim OberholtzerAgile Technology ArchitectsOn 8/1/2017 8:50 AM, Tsvetan Marinov wrote:> Hi,>> It looks like a firewall issue, can you check the following requirements in> the document:> http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=nas8N1019111>> You can try to remove the server from connections and try to add it again,> sometimes it takes a while in order for the HMC to discover the server. Be> sure that you know the HMC access password for the server.>> The following ports should be opened:> Nets (HMC-FSP SSL communications) 30000,30001 (private/intranet) Managed> Server HMC connection.>> На вт, 1.08.2017 г. в 14:42 Rob Berendt <rob@xxxxxxxxx> написа:>>> I have an HMC in one city with one Power 8.>> I have another HMC in another city with two other Power 8's.>>>> Until recently both HMC's could see all three Power 8's. Granted, we only>> kept the 5250 consoles active on the each systems local hmc.>>>> Recent change.>> In preparation for a data center move we changed RACK2 and HMC02 from>> 10.10.6.x to 10.27.6.x>> That seemed to work. However HMC02 can no longer see RACK1 & RACK3.>> Status is "No Connection". Reference code is: Connecting>> 0002-0004-0000003C>> I did see an archive with this same reference code but that quickly>> devolved into a discussion of whether or not to put your HMC-to-FSP>> connection on a private vs public lan.>>>> I've tried the "reset connection" from the HMC.>> I've tried removing and readding the connection.>> I've tried rebooting the HMC>> -Your data has been truncated.