I have an HMC in one city with one Power 8.
I have another HMC in another city with two other Power 8's.

Until recently both HMC's could see all three Power 8's. Granted, we only
kept the 5250 consoles active on the each systems local hmc.

Recent change.
In preparation for a data center move we changed RACK2 and HMC02 from
10.10.6.x to 10.27.6.x
That seemed to work. However HMC02 can no longer see RACK1 & RACK3.
Status is "No Connection". Reference code is: Connecting
0002-0004-0000003C
I did see an archive with this same reference code but that quickly
devolved into a discussion of whether or not to put your HMC-to-FSP
connection on a private vs public lan.

I've tried the "reset connection" from the HMC.
I've tried removing and readding the connection.
I've tried rebooting the HMC
IBM called since this is apparently a "call home" situation and worked
with me for a few hours. After they royally screwed it up we got back to
this situation. They had me send in some pedbg information and I'm
waiting for them to mull that over.

I went into ASMI, Network Services, Network Access and there are no
entries in "Allowed IP addresses" nor "Denied IP addresses" which should
allow all addresses.

HMC Management, Test Network Connectivity, successfully pings the racks
which will not communicate.
IDK of any ports which need to be open for this to work. IDK if our
network guy has any ports locked down.

IBM sent me this document:
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/POWER5/ipha5_p5/managedsystemstate_no_connect.htm
I told them we are at the step "If restarting the HMC does not resolve the
problem, contact your next level of support or your hardware service
provider.". That's when he requested the pedbg information.
...yesterday...

There was a similar discussion at developer works but I think the guy
there discovered he was using the same IP address for his FSP as he was
for his AIX lpar.
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/forums/html/topic?id=77777777-0000-0000-0000-000014703171