I concur and can add one specific case:
An old 9406-520 was somehow misconfigured from the factory, had 4Gb of RAM
but was partitioned thru the DST to see only 1Gb (or it had 1Gb, got
upgraded and nobody touched the setting). That machine didn't have a clean
shutdown in its life until we did a memory upgrade on it and found the DST
misconfiguration. All the shutdowns lasted over an hour and ended up with
the system going down abnormally.
Also, if you bring the system down to restricted it won't be a real test of
how long it takes to shutdown since you already got most of the system down
(and only the cache flushes are pending, long lasting as they may be).

Best option is to just test it.

Roberto