Well, it's not a bad idea to get an overview of what is shared on your i
and who uses it.... :-)
Maybe a good time to consider to redefine your windows drive mappings, and
deploy the new drive mappings through a login script or Group Policy.
That will make your deployment more flexible.

Regards,
-Arco

This makes a lot of sense. How did you effect this change? I'll give
you an example. We share IFS root, set permissions to the proper
subdirectories, and our PC IT staff creates a drive letter on the PC for
the end user. So X: may point to /root/accounting/fy2016.

If I stop sharing root, all of these existing drive mappings will go
away, and the users themselves will have no idea what to do about that.
Will I have to visit every desk in every building to figure out what
subdirectory people are actually using? And then create a new share and
alter the mapping?