Very well said, agree 100%.

And while you can use most of the "new" RPGIV functionality with cycle, you
can't use all of it.

Specifically, the DS I/O enhancements and free-format f-specs.

That's enough for me to say that the cycle shouldn't be used for new code.

Charles

On Sun, Dec 11, 2016 at 11:30 AM, Jon Paris <jon.paris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>