It probably won't make much difference with the JAR file is local, but it doesn't hurt anything that I know of.

HTH
Vern

On 7/28/2016 2:23 AM, Rhett Hermer wrote:
So, how do I speed up the initial load of ACS? (starting JRE I presume)

-----Original Message-----
From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Joe Wood
Sent: 28 July 2016 00:00
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: i Access Client and latest java

Mike,

My Windows 10 is running IBM i Access Client Solutions: 1.1.5.0
with java.version: 1.8.0_101 and is solid.

My Windows 7 Enterprise is running IBM i Access Client Solutions: 1.1.5.1
with java.version: 1.8.0_66 and is solid.

I refuse to go back to the "fat client" model.

On Wed, Jul 27, 2016 at 10:20 AM, Vernon Hamberg <vhamberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>