Le 28/06/2016 à 20:12, DrFranken a écrit :
On 6/28/2016 2:07 PM, Marc Rauzier wrote:

>> The question that I'm not sure of is the ability to bring that iASP
>> on line with a different LPAR without PowerHA. With PowerHA they are
>> in a cluster so both partitions are aware of that storage. Because of
>> Single Level Store the addresses used for the iASP cannot overlap
>> with addresses in the System ASP. PowerHA assures that's not the
>> case.
>>

> 7.2 provided some improvements about this point.
> Have a look at
> http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/ssw_ibm_i_72/rzaly/rzalyattachiasp.htm
>
> However, it does not look to be automated as needed by Evan.
> This is something that I have to test but, unfortunately, it is at the
> end of the ToDoList...

Well now that you mention that I had seen that somewhere before..... :-)

Yep, and the ToDoList gets bigger every day. Just like if the job "Test Attach IASP" was submitted with job priority 9 in a job queue which never becomes empty :-)

SO what that means is it CAN be automated. Automating flash copy is a piece of cake. Took me less than half a day the very first time I tried it.

I agree. Flashcopy can be automated without too much effort.
But, the process for the partition to recognize the new volumes requires an IPL and some actions in DST or SST, on the partition side. Maybe this action can be done through some DST macro which can be automated through MustGather Tool, I do not know.

Then with this support sucking that ASP into a second partition is legal now. Exxxxxcelent!

- Larry "DrFranken" Bolhuis

www.Frankeni.com