On 6/28/2016 2:07 PM, Marc Rauzier wrote:

>> The question that I'm not sure of is the ability to bring that iASP
>> on line with a different LPAR without PowerHA. With PowerHA they are
>> in a cluster so both partitions are aware of that storage. Because of
>> Single Level Store the addresses used for the iASP cannot overlap
>> with addresses in the System ASP. PowerHA assures that's not the
>> case.
>>

> 7.2 provided some improvements about this point.
> Have a look at
> http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/ssw_ibm_i_72/rzaly/rzalyattachiasp.htm
>
> However, it does not look to be automated as needed by Evan.
> This is something that I have to test but, unfortunately, it is at the
> end of the ToDoList...

Well now that you mention that I had seen that somewhere before..... :-)

SO what that means is it CAN be automated. Automating flash copy is a piece of cake. Took me less than half a day the very first time I tried it.

Then with this support sucking that ASP into a second partition is legal now. Exxxxxcelent!

- Larry "DrFranken" Bolhuis

www.Frankeni.com