Mark,

The error says it can't find an address for 'develop.domain.com'. So, this isn't an authority error, it's a host lookup error.

Now... here's a guess as the cause of the problem... this is just a guess, but it's worth looking into:

I think NFS may need to know your local IBM i's IP address. Since computers can, potentially, have multiple IP addresses, it needs a way to know which one is your "canonical" IP address. The way it'll try to do that is by getting your host name (by concatenating the "host" and "domain" names shown on CFGTCP option 12) and then attempting to look up the IP address for that name.

Does that make sense here? When it says "develop.domain.com" in your error message, is that the name from CFGTCP option 12??

If so, you need to make sure that it can look up THAT host name in addition to the "RMTSERVER" one. I'm thinking you made sure RMTSERVER is available in the host table, but maybe it didn't occur to you to put the "develop.domain.com" one in the host table as well? Just a guess.

The error is a host lookup error, so it's not related to authority or what services are running on windows or any of that stuff. However, once you get past this host lookup error, it's certainly possible that you'll run into those things next! If you haven't already installed the NFS server (Unix Tools) thing that Charles mentioned, you'll definitely need to do that as well, and that'll cause the next error you get after you fix the host lookup one. :-)

Good luck!

-SK