Paul, Where you say that the DVD would be DLPAR-able it should say
DLPAR-unable. The controller that manages the DVD also manages disks so
it's no go. I don't know if IBM i finally supports USB dvd-roms, i know
i've used the USB controller as a secondary DVD controller when installing
dual vios to save the trouble of using the HMC's nimol.

Best Regards,

Roberto

On Tue, Dec 1, 2015 at 5:16 PM, Steinmetz, Paul <PSteinmetz@xxxxxxxxxx>