Thanks everyone for the different suggestions.

Here is the complete scenario (my apologies for not mentioning this before):

System A will be running a job, which which will update 2 files. These 2
files are being MIMIXed to System B. Once the processing of job is
complete *and
the MIMIX has also completed*, the job on System A should fire off a job on
System B.

I want to make sure that MIMIX has completed the updates as there is lot of
MIMIX activity going on between the 2 systems and there can be a lag.

I was thinking of creating a new 'control' file and write the required
SBMJOB command to a record in that file from the job in System A, once its
processing is complete. The control file would be MIMIXed *in same MIMIX
group* to System B (I was told that this would ensure that this record
would update on System B only after all records updated previously on
System A have been updated on System B). On System A, I would have a
*INSERT Trigger on the control file, and the Trigger processing program
would execute whatever command is in the record.

Do you think this will work or are there any obvious flaws? I am basing
this on the information about how MIMIX works for files in the same MIMIX
Group, of which I have no personal knowledge.

Thanks
Vinay

On Thu, Oct 1, 2015 at 1:09 PM, Richard Schoen <