IBM i 7.2>Database>Programming>SQL programming>What's new for IBM i 7.2
What's new as of April 2015

The OR REPLACE option has been added to the CREATE TABLE statement. For
more information, see Using CREATE OR REPLACE TABLE.

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/ssw_ibm_i_72/sqlp/rbafyreplacetable.htm?lang=en-us

It was also added to 7.1 at that same time with a matching group ptf and
Technology Refresh.
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/ssw_ibm_i_71/sqlp/rbafyreplacetable.htm?lang=en-us

You're screwed at 6.1. Upgrade. You lose support for 6.1 at the end of
September anyway.

PS:
Are these two totally unrelated statements?
<snip>
The only messages we see are when you use the DROP PROCEDURE function. We
get an error message stating the procedure already exists.
</snip>
Otherwise why would tell you the procedure already exists on a DROP?

I can make two procedures with the same name in the same library; just a
different number of parameters:
CREATE PROCEDURE ROB.SHEBANG(IN parm1 CHAR (5 )) LANGUAGE RPGLE NO
DETERMINISTIC CONTAINS SQL EXTERNAL NAME ROB.MYPGM PARAMETER STYLE
GENERAL
SHEBANG was created, changed, or dropped, but object not modified.

CREATE PROCEDURE ROB.SHEBANG(IN parm1 CHAR ( 5), IN parm2 DEC (5 ,
0)) LANGUAGE RPGLE NOT DETERMINISTIC CONTAINS SQL EXTERNAL NAME
ROB.MYPGM PARAMETER STYLE GENERAL
SHEBANG was created, changed, or dropped, but object not modified.

drop procedure rob.shebang
SQL0476 Routine SHEBANG in ROB not unique.

Check for duplicates with this:
SELECT CAST(LEFT(SPECIFIC_SCHEMA,10) AS CHAR(10)) AS SpecSchema,
CAST(LEFT(SPECIFIC_NAME,10) AS CHAR(10)) as SpecName,
CAST(LEFT(ROUTINE_SCHEMA,10) AS CHAR(10)) as Schema,
CAST(LEFT(ROUTINE_NAME,10) AS CHAR(10)) as Name,
IN_PARMS
FROM QSYS2.SYSPROCS
WHERE SPECIFIC_SCHEMA='ROB'

SPECSCHEMA SPECNAME SCHEMA NAME IN_PARMS
ROB SHEBANG ROB SHEBANG 1
ROB SHEBA00001 ROB SHEBANG 2