The only messages we see are when you use the DROP PROCEDURE function. We get an error message stating the procedure already exists. When we use DROP SPECIFIC PROCEDURE it gives us a "the command completed successfully (200ms)" message but the procedure is not created.

-----Original Message-----
From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Vernon Hamberg
Sent: Thursday, September 10, 2015 10:37 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Dropping SQL Procedures in iNav

Hi Brian

Are you getting any messages? There is a messages tab in iNav.s statement runner.

HTH
Vern

On 9/10/2015 9:32 AM, Brian Piotrowski wrote:
Good morning all,

We seem to have some quirky behavior with our DROP PROCEDURE function in "Run SQL Scripts" within iNAV. What we're trying to do is delete a procedure and then recreate it. The way we have tried to do it is to right-click the procedure in iNav, select "Generate SQL", edit the procedure and execute it to recreate it. When we use "DROP PROCEDURE xxx" it does not drop the procedure and complains the procedure already exists. When we use "DROP SPECIFIC PROCEDURE xxx" it will drop the procedure and go through the motions of recreating it, but when you refresh the procedure list it does not exist and you need to rerun the SQL script (minus the DROP command) to get it recreated.

Are we entering the command wrong? Should we be entering something else to drop the procedure before it is recreated?

We are putting this command just before the "CREATE PROCEDURE" command in the SQL script, so logically we thought it should perform the DROP and then execute the CREATE function.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thankee-sai!

/b;

Brian Piotrowski
Manager - I.T.
Simcoe Parts Service, Inc.
Ph: 705-435-7814 x5995
Fx: 705-435-5029
http://www.simcoeparts.com<http://www.simcoeparts.com/>

Please consider the environment. Don't print this e-mail unless you really need to.

The information contained in this communication is confidential and intended only for the use of those to whom it is addressed. If you have received this communication in error, please notify me by telephone (collect if necessary) and delete or destroy any copies of it. Thank you!