Paul,

There's these things called "computers"...
Just picking on you. But all out of love buddy.

I tend to know my customer number. Granted it changed at some time but I
do keep them both recorded. And I have them documented, along with make,
model, and serial number of each piece of equipment. Just in case someone
other than me has to call in support.
I open enough PMR's electronically that there's no way I'll ever forget my
user id and password (save but for the intervention of God). Instead of
relying upon tricks, like calling in at certain hours in order to get
one's favored geographical region, I just open PMR's electronically.
I often order PTFs on media using the web interface.
I'm just an end customer but I can usually stumble my way around ESS. The
only trick there is remembering how to drill all the way down to find
stuff like Access Client Solutions. Perhaps you're running into issues
where you have multiple make/model/SerialNumbers of processors and picking
the best one that has such and such version of OS, and the right LPP's, on
it. Yeah, that can be a bit of a trick.

I will admit, when I open a ticket electronically and I get a call from
"entitlement" and then ask me how I am doing I always reply "lousy, I'm
talking to entitlement instead of a technician".
Oh well, it's better than when I get a cold call that asks me how I'm
doing and I go into great details about biological functions.