CRTLIB just may be because they want to have a formal process which asks
questions like:
- Does this library need to be Mimixed to the other library or is it a
static history library?
- How often does this library need to be backed up?
- Who should have access to this library?
- Do we have a review date to see whether or not this library is still
pertinent?

Sometimes...
select count(*) from table (qsys2.object_statistics('*ALLUSR'
, '*LIB') ) AS X

returns 790. Can you see how this just might get out of hand?

Of course the hack is the sql statement CREATE SCHEMA.