From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Vernon Hamberg
Sent: Friday, October 03, 2014 10:33 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: [Bulk] Re: [Bulk] Re: iASP security

+1 again - Jim, does SAVLICPGM present any kind of challenge here? Is
there a program that could go get the stuff in the iASP when SAVLICPGM is
executed?

Thx
Vern

On 10/3/2014 10:29 AM, Jim Oberholtzer wrote:
Mark,

True an LPP has to exist in *SYSBAS but that does not stop that same
LPP from installing whatever it would like into an iASP. So put the
minimum set of objects in *SYSBAS needed and restore everything else
into an iASP. PTF application can be done the same way. You cite a
restriction that is trivial.

--
Jim Oberholtzer
Chief Technical Architect