So here's the deal on your scenario.

When you have iASP1 as your ASP Group, there is no way, no how, no security level, nothing can be done to use or see the stuff in LIB2. It's simply not part of your library space. You can't qualify names to it nor can you use SQL to connect to any data there.

Flip that when you have iASP2 as your ASP Group.

If you have NO ASP Group then you can't see EITHER of those libraries, no way, no how.

NOW Can you do certain Admin things? YES, with OBJECT Level commands such as RSTLIB you can restore TO a library that's no in your ASP Group.

Turn hat around Facing IFS

IFS is a completely different animal.
Stuff in the iFS of iASP1 is in /IASP1/directories/in/iASP1
Stuff in the IFS of iASP2 is in /IASP2/direcotries/in/iASP2

So by simply referencing the directories as above you can see all iASPs at any time BUT Security clearly plays a role of course.

So one thing I've seen is Web applications that reference

/IASP1/QSYS.LIB/IASP1LIB.LIB/CGIPGM.PGM

OR they use links to get there.

So you kinda can get to programs in the IFS if invoking them this way works for you.

Make any sense at all???

I also happen to know of a service where you can get a system with multiple iASPS for testing. :-) :-) :-)

- Larry "DrFranken" Bolhuis

www.frankeni.com
www.iDevCloud.com
www.iInTheCloud.com