On 05 Feb 2013 09:26, CRPence wrote:
On 05 Feb 2013 09:17, Randy Dufault wrote:
<<SNIP>> STRTCPSVR *REXEC.

<<SNIP>>
- The user profile has quite a bit of authority though I tried
QSECOFR and got the same result.
<<SNIP>>
- Auditing is not enabled (it is an isolated development system)
so not sure where to look for an authority problem. <<SNIP>>

Easy enough to start auditing, re-create the issue, and then in no
particular order both to review for a T-AF [or perhaps others] and
then to stop auditing.

FWiW: Although not for TCP7701, the following document also refers to the errno 3401, describing the issue there is for the lack of authority to a directory by the user QTCP; note that the server job is activated with the QTCP user profile, irrespective of the user profile that issued the STRTCPSVR. The authority failure event should be logged in the audit journal regardless of the eventual TCP message that was manifest in response to the effective CPE3401.

http://www-912.ibm.com/s_dir/slkbase.NSF
/643d2723f2907f0b8625661300765a2a/69fbb952374dc5df862572d10053206d?OpenDocument&ExpandSection=-1
"Document Number: 450344854
Functional Area: Communications-TCP
Subfunctional Area: RUNRMTCMD/REXEC
Sub-Subfunctional Area: General
OS/400 Release: 5.4.5; 6.1; 6.1.1; 7.1; V5R4M0; V5R4M5; V6R1M0; V6R1M1; V7R1M0

Document Title
_Rexec Unable to Start_

Document Description
This document provides information about a problem where the command STRTCPSVR SERVER(*REXEC) fails with message TCP7101.

Using the command STRTCPSVR SERVER(*REXEC) to start the REXEC (Remote Command) server fails with message msgTCP7101 errno 3401. The command fails because user QTCP has no authority to path /QIBM/ProdData/OS400/REXEC in the Integrated File System. This problem can also be caused if QTCP or *public does not have at least *RX to every directory in that path. Modify the authority settings as needed to resolve this issue."