The graphical and character based BRMS interfaces being different is one of my largest issues with BRMS, albeit a small one in comparison to the positives BRMS brings to the table. The good news is the graphical interface at V7 is very good when compared to prior versions, and it's much faster with the new improvements included with Navigator for IBM i. (HTTP group 16+) Why the character based interface is not compatible with the updated data structures etc, the graphical interface uses is beyond my ability to understand, but it's been that way for some time.

Jim Oberholtzer
Chief Technical Architect
Agile Technology Architects