Or how the dog spells "food" in those Gary Larson comics where he's trying to lure the cat...

On 5/17/2012 5:27 AM, Jerry C. Adams wrote:
It's a misspelling of Elmer's last name.

Jerry C. Adams
IBM i Programmer/Analyst
Mt. Everest grows at a rate of about 4 mm per year. -EUI
--
A&K Wholesale
Murfreesboro, TN
615-867-5070

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Shannon ODonnell
Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2012 3:00 PM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: RE: OS and hardware upgrade.

What does "FUD" stand for?

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2012 2:55 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion

I never said it wasn't doable. I said the other method was preferred. The
OP has hardware that will support 7.1. We have the same model running 7.1.

Saying that some people on the list have had much trouble cleaning up after
doing the unpreferred method is true, but I'll grant you as how that could
be construed as FUD.

And I did say that it was doable, I even said that many have done it.

I even pointed out a second reference in Infocenter which would help the OP
if they decided to still go the "unpreferred way".

The only thing I'm guilty of is stressing the preferred way and maybe even
to the point that some may construe it as FUD.

As a BP perhaps you have more experience doing the "unpreferred" way since,
as you've stated, you support some customers on older hardware which have
restrictions that the OP doesn't. I take it the OP is not a BP, doesn't
have the experience you or I have in doing upgrades, and I just want to save
them from potential problems.

IBM Certified System Administrator - IBM i 6.1 Group Dekko Dept 1600 Mail
to: 2505 Dekko Drive
Garrett, IN 46738
Ship to: Dock 108
6928N 400E