I strongly discourage qdls but for testing purposes I ftp'ed up a .doc
file into a subdirectory underneath it. Then I use iNav to drag and drop
it and that worked. I also did the same with a *.txt file.

Now a file created with edtf '/qdls/sysdoc/trash.txt' came down but
looked like crap. Probably that it was CCSID 37 versus 819 for the
others.