With both World & EnterpriseOne (E1) you've got over 99% of the source
code. There are just a couple of modules that JDPeopOracle doesn't
release. I believe they have to do with their security and/or licensing
functions. There aren't any choke utilities (other than some atrociously
unoptimized reporting programs :) ); I believe E1 & World only check for
license availability during signon.

Also, License Maintenance and Software Maintenance are separate. You can
pay the relatively inexpensive LM w/out paying for the very expensive SM.
So you have the ability to migrate from machine to machine and get new keys
from Oracle as needed. This also, BTW, lets Oracle know how many active
customers are running on either 3rd party support or with no support at all.

What 3rd party SM specifically does NOT do is get you updates from Oracle.
If you find a bug that has a fix or Oracle makes an enhancement, you're out
of luck unless you code the update yourself or pay the 3rd party provider
(3PP) to do it for you.

Along those lines, if a different 3PP customer has access to Oracle support
or is running at a higher release level, the 3PP is not allowed to copy
their objects to your system. They cannot share among their customers.

We run World A73 and E1 9.something on OS/400 V5R3 and IBM i 6.1
(respective) on Power5 and Power5+ (respective). The Power 5 box is being
replaced with a Power6 system so the World environment is being upgraded to
V5R4M5. We stay current on IBM SWMA but have switched World & E1 support
to Rimini Street. So we're basically stuck at the app releases we're
already running. This isn't necessarily a bad thing; our World environment
does what we need, has 14 years of customizations, and interfaces to our
BI/Data Warehouse, clients, banks, etc. There's not much else that we'd
need it to do.

I'm more concerned about the E1 side of the house. We've had to spend time
and money to work around bugs in the platform making the support cost
savings smaller than anticipated. That's part of the risk we accepted when
those with budget authority made the 3PP decision.