First off, based on the way this was asked, it is doubtful that the software is properly registered with IBM, and certainly not under software maintenance. That in itself is a small issue. Overlooking that, I think the original question was answered by Pete, in order to do hosted IBM i instances you need POWER 6 hardware. The V6 vs. V7 discussion is mute at that point.

To get the current keys on the system simply do a WRKLICINF and you'll get them all. Alternatively you can use the DSPLICKEY command as well.

You may be thinking of the SAVSYSINF command that saves a subset of the SAVSYS.

You may also be thinking about option 40 on the Licensed Program menu. That will create distribution media from the system as it is with PTFs already applied. Larry and I both use this technique for doing our upgrades saving many hours of PTF application processing. There are a couple of tricks to use during the upgrade but it's much faster. If you are using this technique to build a new machine and want it as clean as IBM produces it, then your done. Otherwise remember to save security and configuration along with the Save System Information and you can rebuild the box cleanly before the user data is put onto it.

Jim Oberholtzer
Chief Technical Architect
Agile Technology Architects