James,

Does the customer, or your site, have FTP exit programs in place?

Gary Monnier

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of James Lampert
Sent: Wednesday, July 06, 2011 4:45 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Weirdest thing I've seen today (this time, FTP weirdness), and
today'shad more than its share of weirdness.

I try to connect to our FTP server from a terminal session on a box
belonging to one of our customers, and it connects just fine. Domain
name resolution and all.

But I do it from a box belonging to another customer (the one we really
need to update), and:
1. It doesn't resolve the domain name
2. If I connect via the IP Address, it connects to some entirely
different server.
3. If I try to ping our server's IP address, it gets nothing.

Anybody have any idea what could be going on here? Not getting to our
server, I can imagine, but getting some entirely different server makes
no sense to me.

--
JHHL