Thanks, Walt

I'm very glad to hear you are getting the docs back. I had entered a comment on this on the IBM website - maybe you'll hear about it!

The respondent somehow did not understand my question, but I clariified it, so we shall see what happens. The respondent called me Mr. Coleman for some reason - something lost in translation, I guess!! :-)

The 5799PTL also provides a VNC server in PASE, as I recall. That is what I used when I first worked with PTL maybe 6 or 8 years ago.

Of course, there are also the GNU Utilities - I forget now the part number - are they still available? If you know.

The information at the porting site was fantastic - I hope it will be available again.

Regards
Vern