Aaron,

Do WRKCFGSTS CFGTYPE(*DEV) CFGD(ZEBRA13)

The status should be ACTIVE/WRITER

If it's VARIED OFF, then do an option 1-Vary on.

If it's VARIED ON, then do STRPRTWTR ZEBRA13

HTH,
Charles

On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 5:26 PM, Aaron Bartell <aaronbartell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Charles/Jeff,

I have created the following printer.  It creates just fine and I do a 2 on
my spool file to change it over to printer ZEBRA13 and it moves as expected,
but it just stays there in RDY status and the printer is in RLS status.  Do
I need a writer attached to this printer or should it work as is?  Note that
I can ping the printer successfully from the IBMi and I can also bring up
it's admin page via the browser (i.e. http://192.168.0.102) - so I know the
network can see it.

CRTDEVPRT
 DEVD(ZEBRA13)
 DEVCLS(*LAN)
 TYPE(3812)
 MODEL(1)
 LANATTACH(*IP)
 PORT(515) <------  I also tried it with port 9100 with no such luck
 ATTACH(*DIRECT)
 ONLINE(*YES)
 FONT(11 *NONE)
 FORMFEED(*AUTOCUT)
 SEPDRAWER(*FILE)
 PRTERRMSG(*INQ)
 MSGQ(*CTLD)
 ACTTMR(170)
 INACTTMR(*SEC15)
 LINESPEED(19200)
 WORDLEN(8)
 PARITY(*NONE)
 STOPBITS(1)
 TRANSFORM(*YES)
 MFRTYPMDL(*HP4)
 PPRSRC1(*LETTER)
 PPRSRC2(*LETTER)
 ENVELOPE(*NUMBER10)
 ASCII899(*NO)
 IMGCFG(*NONE)
 CHRID(*SYSVAL)
 RMTLOCNAME('192.168.0.102')
 SYSDRVPGM(*IBMSNMPDRV)
 TEXT('Zebra 1 printer')
 PUBLISHINF(*UNKNOWN *UNKNOWN *UNKNOWN *UNKNOWN *BLANK   (*UNKNOWN))

Aaron Bartell
http://mowyourlawn.com
http://mowyourlawn.com/blog/