This doesn't make sense to me.
Here is what we're doing: We are running a program with this H-spec: H option(*nodebugio) dftactgrp(*no) actgrp(*new)

The first session runs for about 4 minutes before displaying data. Every session after that, whether from the same user or another user, displays the same data in under 6 seconds. Even if all instances of the program are ended, restarting a session is under 6 seconds.

30 to 40 spool files are generated by the process.
What could possibly be different between the first time and the subsequent times?

This thread ...