From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Booth Martin
Sent: Friday, August 14, 2009 9:07 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: slow response time for first, and only first time program is
run.

This doesn't make sense to me.

Here is what we're doing: We are running a program with this H-spec:
H option(*nodebugio) dftactgrp(*no) actgrp(*new)

The first session runs for about 4 minutes before displaying data.
Every session after that, whether from the same user or another user,
displays the same data in under 6 seconds. Even if all instances of
the program are ended, restarting a session is under 6 seconds.

30 to 40 spool files are generated by the process.

What could possibly be different between the first time and the
subsequent times?

This thread ...