Pete,

My information comes from the desk where I am sitting. I am heavily involved
in configuring this application to be able to be used for over 2500 users.
The design requirements needed include consideration of the existing
infrastructure, several new infrastructure elements, and a lot of messing
around getting back and forwards from/to the i.

The problem has been that EGL is not really a language. It ~produces~ Java,
which needs to be deployed. If you have not been down that path, do not have
the skills to deliver Java applications, and you want a robust business
application, then it will cost you on the infrastructure side. This is a
major pain at the moment for this customer, and I am doing all I can to keep
them on the EGL path they started down.

While you may create a pretty UI in a short development cycle, it is a
little narrow to not consider all of the supporting deployment and
infrastructure requirements. In comparison, this application would have
already been delivered had they been using almost any other i-centric
modernization tool, purely because of the infrastructure needs.

I don't know how this became a review on whether or not you have to write
Java, though, because I did not mention that.

Trevor