Evan,
Its not that I have troubles re-writing our processes but,
unfortunately, FTP uses the same remote execution server to process
RCMD's. It falls victim to the same problem (when it spawns off a
RCMD).

We sent off a request to IBM and got back an answer I personally don't
like but I guess we'll have to live with.
<cite>
REXEC has a limitation with regards to using a libl from a jobd. Here
is the text from KB doc 29634316 explaining this design limitation.
Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

The Remote Execution Server (REXEC), used in conjunction with Run
Remote Command (RUNRMTCMD), has a limitation with library lists. If the
user profile specified in the RUNRMTCMD command has a job description
assigned that contains specific libraries, those libraries are not
recognized. The REXEC server is designed to verify only the profile's
current library that is defined in the user profile together with the
QSYSLIBL and QUSRLIBL system values.

An example of this follows:

User profile REMOTE has a job description called TESTJOBD. The TESTJOBD
job description has an Initial library list value of LIBRARY1, LIBRARY2,
and LIBRARY3. These libraries are not defined in the QSYSLIBL or
QUSRLIBL system values on the server system. If the RUNRMTCMD command
is run to this system, and the REMOTE user profile is used, none of the
previously mentioned libraries will be found. If either of the
libraries are added as the Current library for the REMOTE user profile,
that library will be found.

Because some profiles are configured to have custom job descriptions and
libraries, the REXEC server might appear to be failing due to errors
such as Program N in library *LIBL not found and Errors occurred in
command.

The REXEC server is working as designed.
</cite>

What's interesting is that the remote execution server was updated
enough to set the ASP group specified in the users JOBD but the left it
at that.

All of the IASP concern right now is i5 to i5 so I wrote an interim
command to set the ASP group and library list was not a big deal. I was
hoping there was a more automated way to set the library list.

Here is the code: http://code.midrange.com/eaac0ecd6c.html

<snip>
If the remote command is between two i's then using a DDM file correctly
configured using TCP would also probably work.
</snip>
How so? All I done in the past is to connect two systems via files and
used SBMRMTCMD. We do not use this command because it has no waittime()
feature and does not send back errors from the remote job, allowing us
to know if the remote command was okay or not.

Thanks, Matt