To all,

We are in the process of moving to an IASP (Independent
Auxiliary Storage Pool) and Remote execution does not work well with
IASPS. The remote user job is ASP group is set correctly so that all
the libraries we need are available but since we cannot load any IASP
library into the *SYAVAL QUSRLIBL the library list it does not set the
library list up the way we need it.

I am looking for suggestions for work-a-rounds so that we
can automatically have the correct library list set for the remote
connection user. I would like to require as little programming changes
as possible to prevent "forgetting" to perform the needed work to set
the library list. The only command that is needed to make the library
list get set correctly is SETASPGRP. It has two parameters CURLIB() and
USRLIBL() that have a value of *CURUSR, which set the library list up to
the remote connection users JOBD library list.

I have attempted to change the command default on SETASPGRP for those
two to be *CURUSR but the remote execution server uses a lower level
function to perform the ASP group setup.

I also looked at the exit point QIBM_QTMX_SVR_SELECT (REXEC Server
Command Processing Selection). It seems like it might do what I want
but I first cannot get a program to be added to this exit point and
secondly do not know how to tell of the command processor needs to be CL
or QSH. I cannot find more detail about programming for this exit
point.
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r4/index.jsp?topic=/r
zal7/rzal7rxcs0100.htm

Any suggestions will be taken in to consideration.

My current direction is to create a command that resides on the target
system that accepts another command. This tool will run SETASPGRP with
the proper settings to set the library list correctly and then run the
other command. This method is not really what I would like to use since
it requires the programmer to remember to use this new tool.

Thanks, Matt