Vern

From: David FOXWELL <David.FOXWELL@xxxxxxxxx>

Hi,

I had a complaint that a job was taking nearly 3 hours to run at night in
certain circumstances. In fact I'd added an SQL request on a PF without
realizing the consequences. The job already took a long time before I added it,
maybe half as long.

Anyway, I used the iNav index advisor to create the necessary index. Now, the
job runs in 5 minutes! I am wondering why it is so much faster than before I
added the lengthy SQL request?

I can't find any other SQL references in the job. RPG programs are using the PF
with a CHAIN operation. I have replaced the index I created with iNav with an LF
and it runs just as fast. The same PF with about 2 million records now has 7 LF.

Also, as my new LF is only currently used in my SQL request, there are no
references it. How should I prevent someone from cleaning up and removing it ?

TIA.