Greg

Not sure why you think that when the thing that changed is from IBM, that it is YOUR problem. What changed? The OS and the hardware. Sounds like a call to IBM support.

HTH
Vern

From: "Greg Wenzloff" <GWenzloff@xxxxxxxxxxx>

We use IBM's fax support for iseries to send to about 30 different
destination faxes.
We had no problems until we upgraded to a new model 525 running V5R4.
We are using the internal modem.

There is one destination fax which received fine before the upgrade but
now has problems. They get the first page of our fax then an error
occurs. This is a consistent error at the end of the first page. No
other faxes have problems.

I don't know what to do about this. Since it worked before the upgrade
I have to believe that the problem is on my end. Are there any
suggestions for trouble shooting this problem?

Additional Message Information

Message ID . . . . . . : FAXC708 Severity . . . . . . . : 20

Message type . . . . . : Completion

Date sent . . . . . . : 09/16/08 Time sent . . . . . . :
11:07:16

Message . . . . : A fax communications failure occurred while
processing
SNDFAX request to telephone number 1-631-752-9415.

Cause . . . . . : While attempting to send spooled file FAXPRT1
number
000005 from job 088189/TDINGLE/EDI_OPT_4 to telephone number
1-631-752-9415,
a fax communications failure occurred.

Recovery . . . : Retry the SNDFAX request at a later time. Before
the
error occurred 00000 pages were sent. The Fax Adapter/Modem return
codes
are X'FFFE' X'001A' X'0000'.

Technical description . . . . . . . . : Fax controller module I.D. is

X'F4000011'.

Thanks,
Greg