From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Joe Pluta
Sent: Saturday, October 20, 2007 4:31 PM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: The power plug during upgrades

All my life, whenever I'm doing any hardware upgrades I have always
pulled
the plug from the socket. Now granted, this is for PCs; I don't have
much
of a track record on iSeries hardware.

I'm going to install some additional memory, and my natural inclination
would be to disconnect the power. However, I've had folks from IBM tell
me
to never remove the power except for the most dire situations, such as
replacing planar boards.

Those of you who have done this, what do you do? Do you disconnect
power?

Joe