From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of MWHopkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, 11 October 2007 5:32 a.m.
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RTVDDMF?

Does anyone know of a method to retrieve the remote location name from a
DDM
file?

Display Details of DDM File

Local file:
File . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : CPICN1
Library . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : FTPOBJ

Remote file . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : LIBR/CPICANC

Remote location:
Name or address . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : systemd

I have a simple command that checks the DDM connection to a specific
system.
It tries to open a generic file on the remote system and if it fails,
returns
an error message. I would like to be able to extract the system name from
an
existing DDM file then call the CHKDDMCON command passing that system
name.

It looks like I could to a DSPFD on the DDM file then extract the remote
location name from the output, but am looking for something that already
does
it. I looked at the QDBRTVFD api, but it doesn't look like that
information is
returned.

Any ideas?

Thanks,