From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of Trevor Perry
Sent: Thu 04.10.2007 22:24
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Marketing question about AS/400 name

One more thought.

While our current market knows what an AS/400 is, and has a strong heritage
of AS/400, there are some customers who never knew it was an AS/400. They
may have bought their first server when it was an iSeries, and know it by no
other name. In a couple of years, there will be more customers who have
purchased a System i, and know it by no other name. All of us, I believe,
want this to happen - so the platform will remain viable and alive and have
a future.

Given this new population, should we try and educate them that they really
have an AS/400?