From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Steve Moland
Sent: Friday, August 03, 2007 10:15 AM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: V5R4 and 8GB drives

OK, let's start the bidding for a Disk swap job.

In Londonderry NH which is also the home of the neat and well serviced
(read - good prices) alternate airport for Boston,I've a 170 at V4r5
with 4
4 gig drives and 4/8GB tape unit.

In a box I've got 4 17 GB drives and I've already installed the required

upgraded disk controller card which by itself made the box run faster.

I've also got a model 800 with 40 spare gig of disk at V5R2 on a local
network in my office

I've not had the courage to attempt the swap myself but I need to get it

done.

I'm sitting here with a stunning view (I'll send pictures) at my summer
place just a few miles west of Augusta Maine (Belgrade Lakes area)
about 25
feet from a little lake where:
I have:
a canoe
2 kayaks
a little Sunfish sailboat
14 foot boat with 10 HP motor
small Jon boat with 2HP motor for the kids
peddle paddle boat.

The lake has trout and bass and the water is crystal clear and there is
no
public access on the lake so it's quite.

Not far from here is all the REAL lobsters you might want. There is a
neat
little older town which a has few brew pubs about 10 minutes away.
Augusta
area is a great positioning to explorer other parts of Maine.

I have high speed cable internet access here and at the office."here" is
3
hours by major highway.

I've been thinking that I would pay IBM to come do it but IF some
qualified
person (with perhaps family in tow) would like come to do it I could see
my
way clear to pop for the local NH hotel for a day or two and then some
non-weekend use of this house here. I'll toss in some pizza, chips and
beer
& wine.

Perhaps even during the fantastic fall foliage season.