s@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject
Re: V5R4 and 8GB drives
08/03/2007 01:20
PM

Please respond to
Midrange Systems
Technical
Discussion
<midrange-l@midra
nge.com>

OK, let's start the bidding for a Disk swap job.

In Londonderry NH which is also the home of the neat and well serviced
(read - good prices) alternate airport for Boston,I've a 170 at V4r5 with 4

4 gig drives and 4/8GB tape unit.

In a box I've got 4 17 GB drives and I've already installed the required
upgraded disk controller card which by itself made the box run faster.

I've also got a model 800 with 40 spare gig of disk at V5R2 on a local
network in my office

I've not had the courage to attempt the swap myself but I need to get it
done.

I'm sitting here with a stunning view (I'll send pictures) at my summer
place just a few miles west of Augusta Maine (Belgrade Lakes area) about
25
feet from a little lake where:
I have:
a canoe
2 kayaks
a little Sunfish sailboat
14 foot boat with 10 HP motor
small Jon boat with 2HP motor for the kids
peddle paddle boat.

The lake has trout and bass and the water is crystal clear and there is no
public access on the lake so it's quite.

Not far from here is all the REAL lobsters you might want. There is a neat
little older town which a has few brew pubs about 10 minutes away. Augusta
area is a great positioning to explorer other parts of Maine.

I have high speed cable internet access here and at the office."here" is 3
hours by major highway.

I've been thinking that I would pay IBM to come do it but IF some qualified

person (with perhaps family in tow) would like come to do it I could see my

way clear to pop for the local NH hotel for a day or two and then some
non-weekend use of this house here. I'll toss in some pizza, chips and beer

& wine.

Perhaps even during the fantastic fall foliage season.
--

Steve Moland
Access Paths Inc

"Chris Bipes" <chris.bipes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
message
Where are you located? Sound like a great opportunity to outsource to
an individual like myself that has the hardware experience. If your
local, I would only charge a six pack and some pizza.

Chris Bipes
Director of Information Services
CrossCheck, Inc.