From: midrange-l-bounces+albartell=gmail.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces+albartell=gmail.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Steve Richter
Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2007 5:00 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Hardware (was: System i Innovation Award -- Community
Supportcategory)

On 5/2/07, Darrell A Martin <DMartin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi, David:

I think Steve's comment should be followed by, "I'll be here all week,
come see the act again and bring your friends."

Darrell,

I dont follow. Why be a cheerleader for IBM as they overcharge you and drive
your skillset into oblivion? Sales are down 6 quarters in a row. 2 more
quarters of down sales and IBM might pull the plug on the system. We dont
know what will be done with i5/OS. ( that uncertainty itself is probably
hurting sales ) The decent thing to do would be to freeze development and
sell it at AIX prices on the p5.
But they might calc there is more money in telling customers to migrate and
increasing prices on those who stay.

-Steve