Look, cut Trevor some slack, guys, and cut Common some slack, it's more than
many of us have been doing! I don't know if you folks know what you potentially
have here. And as to "__It's just a loose confederation of other web sites.__"
.....Well, then, ...midrange-L is "just a loose confederation of" i-geeks,
well! :)

It might take a slow start, but as mind-share grows --among us i-blessed
:)--and as the guys doing the work at iSociety get good at it, this thing is
going to snowball down the hill and look out below.. The ones that do the most
might benefit the most, that's okay, it's supposed to work okay, but everybody
who has a way to benefit can also get into the mix it looks like to me.

And even grunts like me have the benefit of getting to work another day and on
a decent computing machine if we can help the market know about it.

One thing we can ALL do (if I understand this right) is to add our own stories.
I've been a missionary and one thing we learn is that nobody can mess with your
own personal story, what you've seen and done, and :) from what I've seen of
other systems (and software installs), we can do the _world_ a _lot_ of good by
taking IBM's own system and FORCING their own Windows-weenies and their
marketing departments to sit up and take notice! Shame them into actually
engaging helping! :-)

I saw a computer press article once where they guy expressed amazement at the
reaction of i-guys to slurs against their machine! Hah! Same as the Oracle
salesman I met at my daughter's wedding, awed at the stubborn tenacity of the
JDE World users who refused to give up their systems for a chance at a Windows
installation! Imagine that!

IBM has to be officially "ecumenical" about it :) but we don't! This can be the
marketing coup that IBM should have pulled...

System i and its loyal fans have hundreds and even thousands of web pages
spread all over the Internet, but now put them in one place, do the
link-go-round (Web ring?) or whatnot, add your own stories. Eventually the buzz
begins.

--Alan