Hi Frank

We use it for one of our customers and the product has worked like a champ. I've also used noMax, DataMirror (Transformation Server and iCluster) and I much preferred it's interface and management features over the others I;ve used.

I didn't find the GUI effective - it often didn't work as expected and some things required two tries, but the green screens worked well ;) The documentation was extensive and (considering how complex this stuff really is) was pretty good.

The key to making it work (same goes for any of these products in my opinion) is to understand the environments it is trying to replicate and managing those environments - within reason - so that they work effectively with the HA product. You will most likely have to make some changes, even if only at an administrative level; avoiding naming collisions on the target machine seems to be a common one.

We implemented Vision using remote journalling and the performance has been everything we expected and planned for. Ending the links from the GUI ended the remote journalling process (bad in my view), but the green screen did not as I recall. Ideally you want remote journalling to be active when both machines are up, even if you want the scrape and apply process stopped, as this reduces the bottleneck that the network can become if you inadvertently end up with a backlog of data.

We'll be watching the Itera/Vision space with some interest now that the companies appear set to be combined.

Hope this helps

Regards
Evan Harris