To: "Midrange Systems Technical Discussion" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, December 21, 2006 11:49 AM
Subject: Re: Vision Users

fbocch2595@xxxxxxx wrote:

* I'm not sure about the jargon, would a "link" equate to a data group (on mimix)?

I don't know anything about mimix, but a link is generally configured as
a logical grouping of related files.  In our world it is either an
environment in our software (US or Canada) or some other group of
related files.  There is nothing that says you have to configure it that
way.  You might have everything in one link, for example.  If any files
have join logicals, though, you need to put all of the related physicals
in the same link to be sure they are updated together.

* Regarding the role swap, does anyone have a manual or info on the steps to it? Do the scheduled entries replicate easily? Are there any objects that don't replicate properly?

We contracted Vision to come on site and go through this process.  You
will learn in the training class how to do a role swap, but until you
think through everything in your environment you might not realize the
difficulty in doing it for real.

*  I thought iTera's parent bought Vision not the other way around.

As I understand it, both companies were recently purchased by the same
company.

--
Sean Porterfield