Maybe this makes it clearer or i am jsut a total dumba$$ this morning

Change printer to desired (CSHP41 in this case)
Exit Query via F3 select run interactively option---> goes to users default
outq
Exit Query via F3 select run in batch option---> goes to specified
printer/outq

I COULDA swore that changing it and running it either way sent the report
(pre-V5R4)to the changed printer.

                    Select Output Type and Output
Form

Type choices, press
Enter.

  Output type  . . . . . . . . . . .   2
1=Display

2=Printer
                                             3=Database
file

  Form of output . . . . . . . . . .   1
1=Detail
                                             2=Summary
only

  Line wrapping  . . . . . . . . . .   N     Y=Yes,
N=No
    Wrapping width . . . . . . . . .         Blank,
1-378
    Record on one page . . . . . . .   N     Y=Yes,
N=No

F3=Exit           F5=Report
F10=Process/previous
F12=Cancel        F13=Layout
F18=Files

                            Define Printer
Output

Type choices, press
Enter.

  Printer  . . . . . . . . .   CSHP41       *PRINT,
name

  Form
size:
    Length . . . . . . . . .                Blank,
1-255
    Width  . . . . . . . . .   132          Blank,
1-378

  Start line . . . . . . . .                Blank,
1-255

  End line . . . . . . . . .                Blank,
1-255

  Line spacing . . . . . . .   1            1, 2,
3

  Print definition . . . . .   Y            Y=Yes,