I am at V5R1
Query interactive goes to user profite default OUTQ, but via JOBQ to
my output is to go to the system printer. Inside of query definition you can specify a particular printer in lieu of user *PRINTER default.

Many of our RUNQRY are placed insde of a CL off of a menu, which can further modify where reports supposed to go.

or am I just "clueless" on a Monday morning.

Users are reporting (and I have confirmed myself with multiple user id's)
that when they change to printer they want their Query report to go to, it
is still writing to their user profile default outq when they run
"interactively", but goes to the specified printer when run in "batch".

I really, really, really do not remember this happening before (I never
noticed because either I don't care and never noticed the actual outq it
went to, or I tend to send the output to a db file or they run in batch at
night).  1 user actually reported it to me a cpl weeks ago and I promptly
got busy on other more important issues and didn;t revisit until this
morning.  we did do an upgrade to V5R4 back about a month ago and it appears
it may have started then.  I will be checking PTF's (we are 1 CUME behind,
the one that came out 11/06) to see but that this was strange enough to ask
first.......