There's a hierarchy in allocating devices. As I recall, named devices first, then generic named devices, and last device types.

Nick_Radich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi Albert,

I have *SIGNON in the AT Parm in my SUBSD for RFINTER.

But, why would I put my my WS Device names (QPADEV*) into the QINTER subsystem also, with *ENTER in the AT parm? What would this do?

Thanx,

Nick

Nick Radich
Sr. Programmer/Analyst
EPC Molding, Inc.
Direct  (320) 679-6683
Toll free  (800) 388-2155  ext. 6683
Fax  (320) 679-4516
nick_radich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Albert York" <albertyork@xxxxxxxxx> Sent by: midrange-l-bounces+nick_radich=epcmolding.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
10/25/06 02:05 PM
Please respond to

"Midrange Systems Technical Discussion" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: Weird sign on problems

This is what has worked for me.

On the ADDWSE command specify *SIGNON for the AT (allocation)
parameter for the RF* device in the RFINTER subsystem.

Then add the same device name (RF*) in the QINTER subsystem bit specify
*ENTER for allocation.

Albert