We have a ton of Client Access sessions on 170 V5R1 no problems with the 400. However, we have some twinax connect that lose their config & conflict with other devices on same port.

Is your CA on the main console? Can you switch the PC that is doing the CA? In other words, switch all hardware involved to isolate where a problem is really coming from ... port, even pieces of hardware on the PC, version of Windoze using the CA.

We have had problems with flaky PCs. We have had problems with communications lines installed in violation of IBM manual ... e.g. close to industrial machinery, zapped by airport radar, etc.

The PC with the CA that leads to power down. Can you set joblog description defaults for that user / workstation sign on, to get detailed log whatever it is doing, and connect that to your other machine ... just to make sure PWRDWNSYS is not in jobstream of some task there with adopted master security authority.

The shutdown never occurs unless we use client access....that seems to be
the start of the failure.  When using Mocha, it will continue to run for
hours on end without any problems.